Behavioral Health

Banner – University Family Care (B – UFC) members can access behavioral health services either through B – UFC or through a Regional Behavioral Health Authority (RBHA). Behavioral health providers can help you with personal and emotional problems that may affect you and your family.

Examples of situations when behavioral health services can help are when you have experienced a trauma, such as a major accident, or you were the victim of a crime, or physical, emotional or sexual abuse; when you have lost a loved one; or if you are in a domestic violence situation. If you think you or your family member may have problems with a mental illness or substance abused, behavioral health services can be very helpful. You do not need a referral from your PCP to receive behavioral health services.

Behavioral Health Emergencies

What is a behavioral health emergency?

  • Any situation where, because of your mood or thinking, you believe you might hurt yourself or someone else.
  • When someone’s thinking changes rapidly to the point where the person is not able to recognize reality from fantasy. Sometimes the person does not realize what is happening and may not want help, but help is available through 911 or a local emergency room.

Behavioral Health Crisis Assistance

(Crisis lines listed below are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)

You should call 911 immediately and ask them to help determine the best course of action for you in these situations. When calling 911 – make sure you or the person calling states it is a behavioral health crisis. 

Yavapai and Gila Counties

  • Call the Crisis Response Network at (877) 756-4090.

Cochise, Graham, Greenlee, Pima, Pinal, Yuma, La Paz, and Santa Cruz Counties

  • Call NurseWise at (866) 495-6735, TDD/TTY: 711.

B – UFC can make a referral and help you obtain behavioral health services; however, a referral is not needed to access behavioral health services. Contact your case manager for more information on services you feel you may need.