Banner – University Family Care (B – UFC) complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude people or treat them differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Banner – University Family Care (B – UFC):
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you believe that Banner – University Family Care has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with: Silvia Parra, Interim Chief Operating Officer, 2701 E. Elvira Road, Tucson, Arizona 85756, (877) 874-3930, TTY users should call 711, Fax (520) 874-3434, email@example.com. You can file a grievance in person or by mail or fax. If you need help filing a grievance, Silvia Parra, Interim Chief Operating Officer, is available to help you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services 200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
(800) 368-1019, (800) 537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html