Member Advisory Council (MAC)
Banner – University Family Care/ALTCS (BUFC/ALTCS) provides an opportunity for you to give us your feedback and share your ideas on the way services are delivered. We have a Member Advisory Council (MAC) that meets quarterly. We invite Banner- University Family Care members, advocates, community representatives, home and community based providers, to participate.
At these meetings we (Banner- University Family Care staff) will discuss topics such as, but not limited to, policies, programs, network issues, Arizona Long Term Care quality controls. Themes for the meetings may also include: Diabetes Management, Dementia & Alzheimer’s, Health & Wellness, Community Resources, Disability Benefits 101, Cultural Competency, etc. We encourage you to ask questions, and share your concerns.
If you would like to take part of your local MAC meeting, please contact your case manager. Your case manager can schedule round-trip transportation for you. If you are unable to reach your case manager, you may contact our Customer Care Center at (833) 318-4146.
MAC Focus Group
The Focus Group is a smaller group of MAC members. The group discusses content, sets annual goals and provides feedback to the MAC. The Focus Group meets before each MAC meeting. Let you’re case manager know if you are interested in joining the focus group.
The MAC direct mail piece was sent September 21, 2020! We hope you find the information helpful. Please continue to check our website for future MAC Updates. The digital version is available below.
We miss you! Right around this time last year we kicked off our Quarter 1 MAC Meetings. Here are some pictures to look back on and reminisce the great times we had. We are hopeful to be able to gather again soon and capture new memories!
We want to hear from you and know how you are doing. Remember you can contact our Customer Care Center or your ALTCS Case Manager for assistance with your health care needs.
Look at what our ALTCS Case Managers have been up to! Case Managers teamed up with local Skilled Nursing Facilities and Assisted Living Facilities in Yuma and had residents design, color and paint hands. The hands were used to decorate a Promise Garden for the 2020 Walk to End Alzheimer’s.
Prepare for The Flu
If we were still holding MAC meetings, we would certainly be having a discussion about Influenza (the Flu). Here are some points we have discussed at previous MAC meetings:
- Influenza is a contagious respiratory illness caused by a virus
- Influenza is spread mainly from person to person, through droplets made when people sneeze, cough, or talk
- Prevent spreading the virus by washing your hands often and covering coughs and sneezes
- Routinely clean frequently touched objects and surfaces including doorknobs, phones, remotes, etc
- The single best way to prevent the Flu is to get a vaccine every year
- The Flu shot is an inactivated vaccine (contains killed virus) You cannot get the Flu from the vaccine
- About two weeks after receiving the vaccine, antibodies develop that protect you against the virus
Get your Flu Shot!
Checkout our 2020 Flu Resources and find out how you can qualify to earn a $10 Subway gift card just by getting your Flu shot!
- Go to the BannerUFC.com/ALTCS Home Page
- Scroll down to News & Events
- Click on Flu Resources
OR Click Here!