Behavioral Health

Banner – University Family Care/ALTCS (B – UFC/ALTCS) providers can help you with personal and emotional problems that may affect you and your family.

Behavioral Health Services

Examples of situations when behavioral health services can help are:

  • When you are feeling anxious or depressed more days than not
  • When you have experienced a trauma, such as a major accident, or you were the victim of a crime, or physical, emotional or sexual abuse
  • When you have lost a loved one; or if you are in a domestic violence situation

If you think you or your family member may have problems let us know. Problems can include a mental illness or substance abuse, and behavioral health services can be very helpful. You do not need a referral from your PCP to receive behavioral health services. Also, your PCP may prescribe medications to treat conditions such as:

  • Depression
  • Anxiety
  • Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
  • Opioid Use Disorder

With your written consent, B – UFC/ALTCS will coordinate your care with other types of programs and services such as:

  • The Department of Economic Security
  • Division of Developmental Disabilities
  • Rehabilitative Services Administration
  • Administrative Office of the Courts/Juvenile Probation
  • Arizona Department of Corrections
  • Arizona Department of Juvenile Corrections
  • Administrative Office of the Courts
  • The Department of Education when applicable, including local:
    • Schools
    • Health departments
    • Community service agencies

Behavioral Health Emergencies

What is a Behavioral Health Emergency?

  • When you think you are having a crisis or any situation where, because of your mood or thinking, you believe you might hurt yourself or someone else.
  • When someone's thinking changes rapidly to the point where the person is not able to recognize reality from fantasy. Sometimes the person does not realize what is happening and may not want help.

B – UFC/ALTCS can make a referral and help you get behavioral health services. However, a referral is not needed to access behavioral health services.

For non-emergency behavioral health services, you may also call any of the following people or organizations to find out where to go or who to call for help with your situation:

  • Call our Customer Care Center and ask for assistance with a behavioral health referral or to speak with a Behavioral Health Case Manager.
  • Call your PCP's office and ask for a behavioral health referral.

Crisis Hotlines

For behavioral health emergencies call 911. If a person is hesitant to call a crisis line, that person can also call the local Warm Line. 

National 24-Hour Crisis Hotlines

  • Suicide and Crisis Lifeline: 
  • National Substance Use and Disorder Issues Referral and Treatment Hotline: 
    (800) 662-HELP (4357)
  • Teen Lifeline phone or text:
    (602) 248-TEEN (8336)
  • Text the word "HOME" to 741741

Suicide and Crisis Hotlines by County

  • Maricopa County:
    (800) 631-1314 or (602) 222-9444
  • Cochise, Graham, Greenlee, La Paz, Pima, Pinal, Santa Cruz and Yuma Counties: 
    (866) 495-6735
  • Apache, Gila, Mohave, Navajo, and Yavapai Counties:
    (877) 756-4090

Warm Lines by County

  • Gila and Maricopa Counties:
    (602) 347-1100
  • Pima County:
    (502) 770-9909
  • Cochise, Graham, Greenlee, La Paz, Pima, Pinal, Santa Cruz, Yuma Counties:
    (844) 733-9912
  • Tribal Warm Line for American Indian Community Members:
    (855) 728-8630

School-Based Behavioral Health Services

B – UFC/ALTCS is committed to supporting the needs of students and families by increasing the accessibility of behavioral health services in schools. B – UFC/ALTCS has developed School-Based Behavioral Health Provider regional documents to serve as helpful resources to connect schools with local providers that offer school-based services (SBS). The following links provide information about providers offering SBS in Yuma and Southwestern Arizona, those offering SBS in Tucson and Southeastern Arizona, and the AHCCCS initiative to make SBS more accessible throughout the state of Arizona.  

B – UFC/ALTCS School-Based Behavioral Health service areas include the following counties: Cochise, Gila, Graham, Greenlee, La Paz, Maricopa, Pima, Pinal, Santa Cruz, Yuma.

For additional support or questions related to school based behavioral health services contact the Children’s System of Care by emailing or calling the our Customer Care Center at (833) 318-4146, TTY 711.

Autism Spectrum Disorder

Banner – University Family Care/ALTCS (B – UFC/ALTCS) covers medically necessary physical and behavioral health services for AHCCCS-eligible children, youth, and adults. These services include the diagnosis of and treatment for individuals who may have autism spectrum disorder (ASD). Services are provided in an individualized manner, based on the unique needs of the child, youth, or adult.

B – UFC/ALTCS’ philosophy and the service provided will incorporate the:

  • Arizona Vision
  • 12 Arizona Principles for children’s behavioral health services
  • Nine Guiding Principles for recovery-oriented adult behavioral health services
  • Patient Centered Medical Home principles
  • Best practices for ASD

ASD Assessment and Diagnosis

B – UFC/ALTCS has providers that are able to assess children, youth, and adults who may have autism spectrum disorder. This list includes providers in central and southern Arizona. Select the provider you prefer and request an intake.

The Department of Economic Security (DES) Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) requires certain diagnostics to determine eligibility. Visit the DES/DDD website for more information about the requirements for eligibility. For more support you can contact DDD at (844) 770-9500 or

For more support in accessing these specialized diagnostic services contact our Customer Care Center at (833) 318-4146, TTY 711.

ASD Service Providers

B – UFC/ALTCS offers a comprehensive network of service providers that are able to meet the needs of children, adults and families living with autism spectrum disorder.

The list below includes providers who can provide treatment that supports children and adults living with autism spectrum disorder. 

For more support in accessing these specialized autism treatment services contact our Customer Care Center at (833) 318-4146, TTY 711.

MAT & SUD Resources for Adolescents

Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) is the use of medications, in combination with counseling and behavioral therapies, to provide a “whole-patient” approach to the treatment of substance use disorders (SUDs) and prevent opioid overdose. A combination of medication and therapy can successfully treat these disorders, and for some people struggling with addiction, MAT can help sustain recovery. 

The directory below is being made available to support in identifying Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) services for our adolescent members.