Behavioral Health

Banner – University Family Care/ACC (B – UFC/ACC) contracts with behavioral health providers and facilities. This is to help members with emotional or behavioral health concerns. Members can get behavioral health services through B – UFC/ACC or through a contracted network provider.

If you are not sure if a provider is contracted with B – UFC/ACC call our Customer Care Center. If you are having trouble getting in to see a behavioral health provider, call our Customer Care Center. Ask for the Behavioral Health Department and we will help meet your needs. 

Behavioral Health Services

Behavioral health providers can help you with personal and emotional problems. Sometimes these problems may affect you and your family. Examples of situations when behavioral health services can help are:

  • When you are feeling anxious or depressed more days than not
  • When you have experienced a trauma, such as a major accident, or you were the victim of a crime, or physical, emotional or sexual abuse
  • When you have lost a loved one; or if you are in a domestic violence situation

If you think you or your family member may have problems, let us know. Problems can include a mental illness or substance abuse, and behavioral health services can be very helpful. You do not need a referral from your PCP to receive behavioral health services. Also, your PCP may prescribe medications to treat conditions such as Depression, Anxiety, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and Opioid Use Disorder.

With your written consent, B – UFC/ACC will coordinate your care with other types of programs and services such as:

  • The Department of Economic Security
  • Division of Developmental Disabilities
  • Rehabilitative Services Administration
  • Administrative Office of the Courts/Juvenile Probation
  • Arizona Department of Corrections
  • Arizona Department of Juvenile Corrections
  • Administrative Office of the Courts
  • The Department of Education including local schools and other local health departments or community service agencies when applicable

Behavioral Health Emergencies

What is a Behavioral Health Emergency?

  • When you think you are having a crisis or any situation where, because of your mood or thinking, you believe you might hurt yourself or someone else.
  • When someone's thinking changes rapidly to the point where the person is not able to recognize reality from fantasy. Sometimes the person does not realize what is happening and may not want help.

B – UFC/ACC can make a referral and help you get behavioral health services. However, a referral is not needed to access behavioral health services.

For non-emergency behavioral health services, you may also call any of the following people or organizations to find out where to go or who to call for help with your situation:

  • Call Customer Care Center during business hours and ask for assistance with a behavioral health referral or to speak with a Behavioral Health Care Manager.
  • Call your PCP's office and ask for a behavioral health referral.

Crisis Hotlines

  • For behavioral health emergencies call 911.
  • For behavioral health crisis assistance in Maricopa, call (800) 631-1314 or (602) 222-9444.
  • For behavioral health crisis assistance in Cochise, Graham, Greenlee, La Paz, Pima, Pinal, Santa Cruz and Yuma Counties call (866) 495-6735.
  • For behavioral health crisis assistance in Apache, Coconino, Gila, Mohave, Navajo and Yavapai Counties call (877) 756-4090.
  • National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at (800) 273-8255.
  • National Substance Use Disorder Issues Referral and Treatment Hotline at (800) 662-4357.
  • Teen Life Line phone or text at (602) 248-TEEN (8336).