Content source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
COVID-19: More Resources
Banner Nurse Now Hotline: (888) 747-7990, TTY 711
Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at no cost to you.
Call for medical advice if you or a loved one is ill or injured. An experienced nursing staff will help you with your immediate health care questions. They can help you determine the type of care you need and much more.
*Please Note: This service is not intended to replace the services offered by your health care provider, but to support the care you get from your PCP.
Get the information you need to stay safe and healthy during this outbreak.
Dial 2-1-1 (must be located in Arizona to reach the hotline)
Calls will be taken in English and Spanish. Hotline is open every day from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
The info provided includes:
- How to prepare for and prevent COVID-19
- Testing for COVID-19
- Populations at higher risk from COVID-19
- What to do if an individual gets sick
- COVID-19 and animals
- Websites with up-to-date info
Arizona Child Care Resource & Referral - Resources for families and children
Arizona Department of Economic Security - More than 40 different programs and services for individuals and families in need of support
- Business Resources
- Cash, Medical, and Nutritional Assistance
- Child Care Assistance
- Child Support
- Community Resources
- Developmental Disabilities
- Mortgage Assistance
Arizona Together - Help for families and businesses.
- Employment & Financial Assistance
- Homeowner & Renter Assistance
- Food & Meals
- Children & Parents
- Mental Health & Emergency Services
Mountain Park Health Center - List of resources for families, individuals, and students in need.
- Emergency food & meals
- Child care & youth centers
- Mental Health Resources
- School Resources
- Financial Relief
National Federation of Families for Children's Mental Health - Find videos, toolkits, and activities to use at home!
- Self-Care and Coping
- Talking with Kids about COVID-19
- Supporting Youth and Young Adults
- Specific Diagnoses & Special Needs
- Activities & Home Resources
- Info & Fact Sheets for Parents
- Is for Arizona residents who have been affected by the COVID-19 emergency
- Provides emotional support and connections to community resources
- The program is both free and confidential.
Job Search During COVID-19
Looking for a job can be hard. With the extra stress during COVID-19, it can be even more difficult. Below are some things to keep in mind when looking for a job during these times:
- Use this time to work on your resume.
- Make a new professional email address.
- Reach out and network with those you know who work in the field you’re looking to enter.
- Re-work your resume to highlight remote work. Many companies need remote workers during this time.
- Become familiar with what companies are hiring.
- In Arizona check out Indeed.com Arizona at Work. Many companies are hiring for temporary positions. This is helpful if you’ve been laid off but expect to be going back to your old job.
- Think positively about what jobs are out there. Industries still hiring:
- Health care
Online or virtual interviews via phone or video platforms are popular. Be ready for this just as you would an in-person interview. Keep in mind some things related to technology.
- Check your internet connection, microphone, and camera are all working well.
- Pick an area in your house for your interview. Choose one that is clean and clutter free.
- Be sure it is quiet:
- Turn off the TV.
- Turn your cell phone off.
- Close open windows.
- Let others in the house know that you will be on an interview.
- If you know what platform you will be using (ZOOM, Skype, FaceTime, etc.) practice with it. Set something up with someone you know to test for audio quality, lighting, etc.
- Avoid using the internet or your device while in your interview. It will be distracting to you and your interviewer.
- Wear professional clothing – even though you are at home, you should still appear professional.
- Wear solid colored, collared shirts.
- Avoid wearing distracting jewelry or accessories.
- Comb or brush your hair.
As a member of B – UFC/ACC, we want to give you the resources you need to stay healthy. There are a number of ways you can stay connected during this COVID-19 pandemic. The tools you need to manage your health are at your fingertips! Thank you for allowing us to be your partner in health and well-being.